Thursday, November 3, 2016

A world away in the
Philippines!

By T.J. Rockford

   I wanted to get back in the saddle of writing of other worldly event's that are taking shape instead of rambling on of my personal disdain for Donald Trump!
  So I've come to the conclusion I can't get away from him no matter how I cut it.
  Why you ask? Well simply put, The president of the Philippines is somewhat of a mirror image of Trump! and in to many unsettling ways, in which we will find!

  President Duterte in the Philippines took power back in June of this year 2016. He had a huge popularity throughout the country because of his brashness and bombastic ways! Sound familiar?
  The big selling point from his campaign was his plan to clean up a huge problem within the Filipino communities throughout the whole country! and that is drugs, drug dealers, and drug users!

  It has been a very serious issue within the population! as a Mayor, Duterte, took his mission on cleaning up the community to a whole new level! and one that should scare the hell out of everyone! But instead it seems as though it has taken on this popularity all onto it's own!
  Duterte's method for addressing the rampant drug problem was, and is, by killing the problem away. And yes I mean that literally!

  When I first heard of Mr. Duterte it was early on in his bid for the run for presidency. The thing that caught my attention was the fact he was well known for his tactics of forming death squads!
  These death squads were told to kill anybody that was suspected of being involved in drugs of any which way!
  In this process the death squads went around and were literally killing thousands of people known for dealing, or just using illegal drugs!
  From what I gathered of it was if in any way you were thought to be involved in any issue's with drugs "whatsoever," your number was up!

  One would think this would of scared the country to death! But in fact quite the opposite happened! By an incredibly wide margin Mr. Duterte won the Presidential race in a landslide!
   How can this happen you ask? Take a look at what's happening right here at home and you just might be able to answer this on your own!

  Since Duterte has taken office there have been around 4000 plus or minus murders of those that were (deemed) drug users/dealers.
 So in Mr. Duterte's time as Mayor he had over 3500 murders credited to his name! and in only 3 months as President an additional 4000+/- more to add to it as well.
  Usually the world would look at this as genocide of some form or fashion! But instead countries around the world have only said their worries and distaste for his methods and actions! 

 Even the Pope spoke out about what Duterte was doing! and as the brash and bombastic man does, He did! and called the Pope a "SON OF A WHORE!"
  Some were shocked at first, but since then he has openly called several people "Sons of whore's!" Even President Obama got the blunt end of the stick! Obama got a "Go to hell" to boot!

  The scary thing here is this populist belief that Duterte is doing the "right thing" within his own country!
  Because of this I compare him to Trump because Trumps views of people seem to have a foothold in America and this should be very concerning! I really shouldn't have to point out how well this all worked out back in the 1930's and 40's in a place called Germany I hope?

 This popularity grip is what I don't have any taste for whatsoever! I'm talking of Trump's rise with his fear mongering tactics and his hate filled views! 
  I hear it at his rallies with people talking of a revolution! I see it on Twitter of people in office that should no better of making comments of it's "Pitchfork time if Clinton wins!"
  There was one man screaming "Jew.S.A" instead of U.S.A. at all the camera operators and the media.

  Yes to me it sounds very much the Republican party is seeing a moment of having some kind of rise to power and fueling the fire to a large group of angry (mostly) uneducated people!
  This sure doesn't seem to smart! Politicians throwing gas on the fire knowing what this could cause! Or do they?
  
 I doubt all these suck up republicans that are choosing party over country have thought of what were to happen if the Donald gets elected and comes out and announces they have discovered wide spread corruption within the Senate and Congress, In both the Democrat and Republican party?
  So much that he feels he needs to acquire full and complete executive control and power until everything can be figured out!

  It's not even a matter of if it's legally possible for him to do this! after all he has spewed of corruption and everything being rigged! I imagine all those brainwashed die hard conspiracy theorist believers will bite on to this idea with a pit-bull ferocity!
  A man with a large following willing to take things to a whole new level! What do you suppose would happen if Trump started crying about something like this? The Donald gaining complete power? Sounds just like everything he talks about! Being the center of greatness! Only he can do everything perfectly! He's smarting then the generals! He says our military leaders are losers! This should scare the hell out of everyone! People need to open their eyes and wake up! TRUMP ONLY WANTS WHAT TRUMP WANTS FOR HIMSELF! 
Trump isn't in this for the people! He's in it for the attention of the people! HE LOVES ATTENTION! 
  If you think this is nothing but hyperbolic talk you haven't actually taken a serious look into the life of Trump! Look back into his years and all of his current rhetoric! Just go back and watch him at the debates! The first debate he was a mess! It took all of his willpower just to get a sip of water without dropping his glass! THAT WAS SCARY! 
At that moment I witnessed a man on the verge of collapsing where he stood but somehow managed to impress his masses!

  Trump has no idea how to lead a country! He has no idea of anything to do with foreign affairs! What he does know, is what people want to hear! HE IS A SCAM ARTIST! I understand some people only hear what they want, but come on! How can so many not see he's a phony,  fake, fraud, and a man only out for the glory for all to admire? 
  I believe the Republican party is getting in way over their heads with this rise of Trump! I see two possible things happening and neither is very good for the fate of the party! Or for that matter all of America as we know it! Careful what you wish for!

  Personally If I shared how I really felt about these people that talk of such things as starting a "Civil war" if they don't win! All it would do is make me sound as bad as them!
 But hey, if a person is openly going to say their willing on killing me because I don't think their candidate is fit for office I say screw you! 
  I have certain morals and ethics (I believe) are the same as most stable and sane people! I hope anyway! Plus I love my country! and I love what our Democracy represents and stands for! This I would, and I will, stand for and uphold if it were ever to come under attack! as some of these people suggest!

  This is where the two lines cross between Trump and Duterte with their popular brash and bombastic beliefs and ideologies!
  Duterte has taken things a step even further saying he wants to break ties with the U.S..
 Which now, instead wants to grasp the hand of China! Which why not? Their right up his alley! 
 The Chinese don't mind his killing spree and they openly told him this! The Chinese have zip in the way of any human rights interest just as long as the people at the top aren't the ones being beat and abused!

 So I'm sure they will have a fond relationship! I just feel bad for all the innocent Filipinos that might get the raw end of this stick!
  Just as I worry of a Trump Presidency! In all honesty I worry of a Hilary Clinton in office as well! But the one thing I believe is at least she will listen to people and her adviser's! Unlike we have seen in Trump's entire life! He has listened to nobody! Nor has President Duterte in the Philippines. Another thing they have in common!

  With all of Duterte's bombastic remarks he has said towards the United States his clean up crew have swiftly jumped into action and tried cleaning up his harsh talk!
  I absolutely agree that every country should embrace their freedom's and independence! But with all smaller countries it's wise to have friends not make powerful enemies! Which Duterte taking China's hands, I'm not sure is such a wise idea! I say this because he has stated he wants nothing more to do with the U.S.! And this should be very concerning!

  Another big thing Trump and Duterte have in common is the fact they both really, really love flattering talk! and the special red carpet treatment!
   The scary thing here is the people and the countries that are throwing out all the nice talk and treatment! They sure aren't alias, or at least haven't been up until now! and both eat this type praise up despite all the possible dangers with this coming from countries such as China and Russia!

  In the case of Duterte the Chinese have rolled out the red carpet for him! with all the bells and whistles possible with his recent visit to mainland China. Duterte apparently was instantly swayed to embrace China's hand and at the same time say he was throwing the U.S. under the bus!

  A world away in the Philippines I am constantly reminded of what we are dealing with here at home!
  I by no means am thrilled with our choices this year! But I get what's at stake here! Trump is the most dangerous thing to happen within this country since, since, well since forever!
  When you look into what has happened in the Philippines with the rise of Duterte, a man that is highly offensive and has very little in knowledge in what is politically smart, Well it really sounds eerily familiar!

  Despite the fact I try to find more to talk of besides, "just this election," with all else that is happening in our erratic world today! 
 Unfortunately with almost every corner I turn I still find issues that would drag me right back into things that are, or will still be affecting this crazy election!
  I have been saying for awhile now that I get the apprehension with Clinton, (of course for all those well known reasons!) But if you look at Trumps history he is equally as much of a disgrace with much more to add on top of that!
  The thing that separates it all for me is the fact that Trump is a horrible person in every which way! 
  Speaking entirely for myself I can in no good conscience support the type of person Trump is! I will not sway because of my spiritual and moral beliefs! As some of the more outspoken evangelical  say, "they can and will tolerate and forgive Mr. Trumps never ending barrage of repulsive comments! 

I say hypocrites to all! 
Of course these are only my views! You are entitled to yours as well! Well for now anyway! This may all change in the very near future!
  
    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If there is anything you would like to add, address, Or just share we welcome all suggestions and comments! Thanks for viewing!